It’s the beginning of 2013 and many people may be wondering what lies ahead for social media this year.
If you are able to accurately predict the future trends in social media you may be able to adopt them early and take advantage of their benefits.
Social Media Examiner asked a range of social media experts to provide their predictions for social media in 2013.
- Improved content: With so much content now clogging the social media space the need for businesses to create beautiful and engaging content is greater than ever.
- Slideshare will become more popular: Social media experts predict Slideshare will become the fastest growing social network in 2013.
- Twitter will personalise your Twitter feed: Twitter may follow Facebook’s example by personalising your Twitter feed based on your interests, how popular the tweet is, your engagement and influence. This could lead Twitter to create an advertising platform which allows people to buy a higher spot on your Twitter feed.
- Google+ will be the ‘place to be’: Google+ may continue to develop new services and features, which will persuade businesses to use it. Google+ will then become the central place for managing your online presence if you want to take advantage of the benefits Google offers.
- Instagram users will grow: Research has shown social media users plan to increase their use of Instagram in 2013 at a higher rate than other social media platforms.
- Social media advertising increases: Advertising on social media may become a necessity for businesses, especially the ones struggling to build a larger engaged community.
- New social media sites: A new social media site may be released or an old site such as MySpace will become popular again.
- Facebook advertising will raise privacy concerns: Advertisers will have access to Facebook users’ personal data to create targeted advertising on third-party websites. Facebook users will then have privacy concerns and protest against this initiative.
- Businesses will become more social: Businesses will move away from just using social media for marketing or engagement purposes and start using it within the business. It will be used as a business resource centre to empower teams and encourage a common vision for all employees.
Now you’re aware of the social media predictions for 2013 you can get ahead of your competitors and start adopting some of these predictions now.
What are your predictions for social media in 2013?
Read the full article here.
Download our FREE Guide to Social Media Success and learn how to get ahead of your competitors and build your business using social media.
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.