Last week, Twitter announced it is expanding its advertising offering and will begin testing its new beta Promoted Video service.
The Australian reported that brands would soon be able to access the tool via a new cost-per-view ad-buying model.
For several months now, the micro blogging website has been trialling a one-tap, streamlined video card called Twitter Amplify. Early results show native video content produces higher engagement and more views than the previous model.
Under Twitter’s new service, advertisers will be provided with video analytics such as completion percentage and a breakout of organic versus paid video viewings.
In making the announcement Twitter senior product manager for TV and video David Regan, “In addition to the improvements we’ve made to the advertiser experience, we’re excited to share that we’ve expanded the tests of our native video solution with select content publishers and verified users.”
The move comes as Twitter fights to show advertisers and investors that Twitter content reaches larger audiences than initially thought thanks to non-logged in users. The company also plan on making a richer and more engaging Twitter by bringing more videos into their users timelines.
This is great news for advertisers. To help take full advantage of Twitter’s current advertising services, Search Engine Watch has provided some useful tips on why to advertise on Twitter and how.
Twitter ads can be very effective for several marketing objectives, including:
- Promotions: Recommended for time sensitive events.
- Brand awareness: Allow advertisers to promote themselves to new consumers.
- Followers: Pay-per-follow is used to grow a follower base and leverage an audience for future promotions and dialogue.
In addition to the new Promoted Video service and Amplify, there are three additional ad products available. These are:
- Promoted Account: Aim to increase the number of related followers to a Twitter profile. The ads are featured in Twitter search results and within the Who To Follow section.
- Promoted Tweets: Spear directly in the timeline among non-paid tweets. The website regularly analyses the engagement rate of the advertiser’s tweets to identify five of the most engaging to create an ad to present to users automatically.
- Promoted Trends: These trends are featured next to the users timeline on twitter.com among the original Twitter trends and are special made for users based on location and whom they follow.
Twitter ads offer a great opportunity to serve ads and tweet content that is of interest to others.
Read the entire article here.
Download our FREE Guide to Social Media Success and learn how to get ahead of your competitors and build your business using social media.
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.