A LinkedIn Company page is a useful tool for your business because it can help you to communicate and be found by your target audience as well as other professionals in your industry.
Many people use LinkedIn to search for businesses which are relevant to them, which means a LinkedIn Company page can increase your exposure and visibility to your target audience.
They also allow you to showcase your company, products and services, which is a great way to communicate and promote your business.
By posting content related to your business and its industry you can also position your business as an expert in its field. For a great example of a LinkedIn Company Page have a look at CP Communication’s LinkedIn Company Page.
Social Media Today has provided some tips to help you create a LinkedIn Company Page.
- Log in: Log-in to your personal LinkedIn account and click on ‘companies’ at the top of the page.
- Add company: Click on ‘add a company’. You will then need to fill out your company name and the email address for your company domain.
- Complete profile: Fill out your profile by adding a description about your company, your website URL, specialties, headquarters, when you were founded, company size and the industry you are in.
- Keywords: When filling out your profile use keywords to help improve the SEO of your company page. By using the same keywords as your website you can help your Company Page to appear in the same search results as your website.
- Cover image: On your LinkedIn Company Page you will be required to include a logo image and a cover image. You will need a square photo for your logo image because this image will appear next to your company name at the top of the page.
Your cover image is a larger photo, similar to Facebook’s cover image, which appears below your company name towards the top of the page. You should choose a photo which describes your company and represents who you are. This photo is a great way to quickly communicate your company’s image to people who visit your page.
- Services: This section of your Company Page allows you to describe the products or services your company provides. Take advantage of this section by writing interesting and thorough descriptions of your products or services to encourage people to enquire about your business.
- Careers: In this section you can post current job opportunities available at your company. This is a great way to advertise to other business professionals who may be interested in your industry or your company.
- Add employees: Employees who have a LinkedIn profile can list your Company Page as their employer. Employees can then become brand ambassadors for the company and promote it to their networks. When someone views an employee’s profile they can then click through to the Company Page for more information. This means employees should fill out their profile correctly and have a professional profile photo.
- Start posting: Once your LinkedIn Company Page is set up it’s time to start posting content. You should post at least once a day on your Company Page. To make this easier you could use the same content you posted on Facebook and Twitter.
It is a good idea to post items relevant to your company and its industry to demonstrate your company is an expert in its field. Consider what your target audience would be interested in and post content relevant to them.
If you don’t have a LinkedIn Company Page yet, you should seriously consider starting one. You may be missing out on opportunities to communicate with your target audience, attract potential employees or promote your business.
What are your tips for making the most of your LinkedIn Company Page?
Read the full article here.
Download our FREE Guide to Social Media Success and learn how to get ahead of your competitors and build your business using social media.
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.