A good reputation is necessary to the survival of any business and social media can play a big part in establishing and building that reputation.
Through social media you can business leaders can position themselves as recognised experts and thought leaders, you can build relationships directly with the people that matter to your business and also showcase your business to drive awareness and credibility.
Here are four tips to manage and build your reputation on social media.
1. Develop a comprehensive social media strategy
One way to manage your online reputation effectively is by developing a robust social media strategy. Ensuring you are using the right social media platforms as well as engaging with your target audience and monitoring your accounts appropriately can significantly help you with managing your reputation.
No matter what social media platform you use, following these rules in your strategy will help you succeed:
• Be focused: It is important to define your niche and focus your social media activity there. Understand your target audience by analysing their demographics, behaviours and interests.
• Be authentic: Don’t view social media as a marketing platform, imagine you are talking to someone in real life. What would you say to them?
• Be meaningful: The content you publish must be useful and meaningful to your target audience or they will not read or engage with it.
• Be aware: Listen to the conversations happening on social media about your business and your industry. You will be amazed at the insights it will bring.
2. Choose the right social media platform
With the numerous social media platforms at your convenience, the best way to start your social media presence is by selecting and familiarising yourself with the most appropriate platform before moving over to other social media channels.
Major platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can be an excellent place to start. However, the most important thing to consider is which social networks your target audience are using. LinkedIn for example, is an excellent platform for B2B professionals wishing to build contacts and generate sales leads.
3. Connect and build relationships
With social media, it is very easy to build relationships and exchange ideas with your target audience. By producing unique and interesting content, instead of blasting promotional messages to your readers, it can help establish a strong reputation for your business.
Here are some helpful tips if you are running out of ideas for content:
• Put your fans first: People love posts they can identify with, such as the approaching weekend or holiday plans.
• Tell your success stories: Success stories are interesting to read, and clearly demonstrate the value you can offer. Also ask your customers for feedback and testimonials.
• Share news and events updates: Sharing current industry news and events will demonstrate you are a leader in the field.
• Behind the scenes: Let your audience see what happens behind the scenes of your business to showcase your brand and let people know you.
4. Start a blog
Blogs are all about sharing useful information with your clients and customers, which will also attract more traffic to your site. Having a blog can also help build your profile as an industry expert and leader.
Blogs are very easy to start and use, making them an ideal platform for your business to publish quality and interesting content.
The content you share is up to you, but try to spark discussion and share experiences, ideas and relevant information. To build traffic, read other blogs and comment on them so that it links back to your own blog.
Using social media effectively is an excellent way to engage with current and potential clients, attracting more customers and most importantly, building a strong, positive online reputation for your business.
Get more social media tips in this FREE ebook:
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.