If you’re a business leader or entrepreneur and you still haven’t jumped on the social media train, you’re clearly missing out on something big.
Social media has become a large part of the day-to-day functioning of a business, and it’s because of this that your competitors are also using it to their advantage, so what are you waiting for?
According to the recent Quartz Global Executive Study, here is how business professionals are using social media:
- 89% are active on social media, with LinkedIn being the most popular at 72%
- 60% use social media intentionally to read news, with 41% using Twitter to get their news fix.
- The source of the news is important to them as 89% take note of the source of the link they click. They usually click links because:
- 88% like to share good content with others, with long form articles the most likely content to be shared.
- They are open to advertising in social media as long as it has value to them, is high-quality and clearly labelled. 74% found the last piece of sponsored content they read to be interesting, informative and valuable.