Social media has become saturated with promotional content, making it harder for businesses to stand out online.
With the introduction of Facebook’s boost post feature, businesses are now able to get their posts higher in the News Feed and determine who sees their posts by using the boost post feature.
Also known as Sponsored Posts, they appear in the News Feed instead of the right hand column, where the ads are, making it less obvious that it is in fact targeted advertising.
There are many benefits to boosting a post including:
- the ability to select the audience you want the post to be visible to
- promote your posts to a wider audience and is quicker
- it’s often easier to implement than Facebook advertising.
But before you get started creating a Facebook post to boost, do you know what it is you are trying to achieve? Have a goal in mind when creating your post.
Do you want to:
- promote your business, product or service?
- increase sales or clicks to your website?
- be seen as a thought leader or expert in your industry?
By determining what it is you want to achieve you can create a post with your goal and target audience in mind.
How to boost a Facebook post:
To boost a Facebook post simply log into your Facebook business page and write a post. Once created, a post can be boosted at any time.
- Once your post is created, click on the boost post button situated next to the schedule button.
- You can now determine the parameters of the post and provide the option to choose the target audience, budget and duration of which the post will be boosted.
- Depending on what your goal is, you can determine the target audience as both existing followers and their friends or a new audience, unfamiliar with your business.
- Then choose the location, age, gender and interests. This is a great way to segment your target audience into groups and boost posts that are appealing to those audiences.
- Next, allocate a budget and the duration of time you want the post boosted. The budget determines how many people the post will reach, meaning the more money spent increases the reach of the post.
- Once you have selected a budget, the reach will be automatically generated. For $20 budget spent over a 5 day period, a post will reach approximately 2,800 – 7,300 people.
Track your results in Facebook Insights
Facebook Insights is a feature for business pages that allows you to keep track of how your posts are tracking. It allows you to monitor the progress of a post, how many people it has reached and how many have engaged with it. This will allow you to understand what is and isn’t working and tailor your future posts to better connect with your target audience.
Remember it is important to understand your target audience before attempting to engage with them. You are more likely to reach your goals if you understand what is important to your audience and how they engage with your business.
Boosting a Facebook post will provide additional opportunities for a business to connect with their target audience and have the potential to reach a wider audience.
To watch our video tutorial on how to boost a Facebook post click here.
Get in touch to find out how we can assist with your social media strategy.
Download our FREE Guide to Social Media Success and learn how to get ahead of your competitors and build your business using social media.
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.