One of your most powerful online marketing tools can be your business blog. Building your brand, generating new leads, positioning yourself as an industry expert and gaining opportunities to engage with your audience, can all come from well-optimised, interesting content.
Blogging needs be done the right way if you intend to benefit from the content you share. This content should to be unique, fresh, and relevant to the audience you are aiming for. However, you risk wasting all of the time, money and effort spent creating content, if you don’t make sure it’s optimised effectively for search engines.
SocialMediaToday suggests the following tips to put your site in front of the right people and boost the SEO rankings of your blog posts.
- Create content around the right keywords: In order to be found by the right audience, you need to be using the keywords you want to rank for. The keywords you choose should be implemented naturally throughout your juicy content. Write for your audience first, and then for Google – Google doesn’t like keyword stuffing, so don’t overdo it. Longer text articles tend to have a better chance of being noticed by Google and also have better social shares.
- Use internal web content to link you posts: To assist search engines navigating your site, it is essential to link other content on your web within your blog posts. It also means that your site is more user-friendly, while also providing readers with additional information.
- Add a plug-in: If you are looking to encourage readers to stay on our site, related content links have the advantage of putting them in the right direction to keep reading, while also reducing your bounce rate as they stay on the site for a longer period of time. Another way to keep your audience reading is to add previous and next post links under your content.
For instance, on one of our blogs we use the plug-in Disqus which shows related blogs posts at the end of every post like this:
- Use categories the right way: To boost organic search results, a good component within many blogging platforms is categories. By assigning each post a relevant category, users are able to search for specifics, and your content is arranged efficiently. Small to medium blogs only need between 10 and 15 categories, and one category per post will help define your content more clearly.
- Utilise social media sharing buttons: Prompt your readers to share your content by adding the relevant social media buttons, as this enables faster exposure to new audiences. Social shares generate more traffic, even though they do not make an impact on Google’s ranking of pages. These shares also increase the chances of your post being read and then linked to other websites or blog posts. Of course, your content must first be well written and appealing to your audience, while the display of social media sharing buttons should not be a distraction from your content.
Read the full article here.
Looking for more tips on social media strategy? Download our free Guide to Social Media Success ebook here.
Sydney Social Media and Public Relations Agency, CP Communications blends cutting edge offline and online PR and social media to help you gain a competitive advantage. Contact us today. For more great tips visit our website www.cpcommunications.com.au.